Friday, February 8, 2013

Skylanders Themed Birthday Party Invitations

My oldest son's eighth birthday is fast approaching and of course we're going to have a Skylanders themed birthday party to celebrate!  Since there aren't any invitations available for sale in stores with Skylanders images, naturally I set out to make my own.  I've always been one to do things myself and this time was no different, except for one thing:  When I was done, I decided I wanted to make my hard work available for purchase by other parents who also want Skylanders themed party invitations, but don't have the time to spend 'creating' one.

I found Skylanders themed party invitations available for sale online, but mostly designed for Skylanders Spyros Adventure.  But my son wants a Skylanders Giants themed party, (and yes, there is a difference-from a 'party planning' standpoint alone, this affects what colors we'll use to decorate, as Spyros' color is green and Giants is orange).  So, I decided to stick with the popular "ticket invitation" design and here's what I ended up with:

Skylanders Party Invitations UPrint™

Initially after making these tickets, I pinned my accomplishment to Pinterest, with do-it-yourself details.  Soon after, I had an Etsy shop owner asking me about downloading them and the vision for my new business began to take form. 

So I'm combining all the things I love (technology, photography, designing, creating, my family and Skylanders) and starting my own website offering my creative designs for sale!

Check it out at www.skylandsandbeyond.com, where these 'Skylanders Party Invitations UPrint™' can be purchased for only $5.99.

I will continue to add print-it-yourself or designs UPrint as I create them.  Please take a look around and let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment