Friday, February 8, 2013

Skylanders Trip to purchase Eye Brawl turns into important safety lesson

Yesterday on our way to purchase this handsome guy, I saw a car hit a boy on a razor head-on, sending him flying 5-6 feet into the air.  It was a very frightening thing to witness and I immediately called 911.  It was a rush of emotion all at once, as I was also driving with my kiddos in the back seat, who thankfully did not see the accident.  There wasn’t any blood, he was talking and sat on the curb while he waited for help to arrive, (the latter I would have protested profusely had I been one of those surrounding him).  Although he was taken away on a stretcher and will live, he could (and probably will) have sustained injuries to his body that will cause him pain for the rest of his life.  I know this from personal experience.

Unlike the other witnesses, I probably had the ‘best angle’ (if such a thing exists in a situation like this) since it happened RIGHT IN FRONT of me.  As I was making a right-hand turn (stopped before the crosswalk looking for pedestrians, myself) the collision happened directly across from me, as the car involved was turning right to get on the street I was getting off of.  From my angle, I don’t think there’s anything I could have suggested to that boy to be safer, (in terms of crossing a busy intersection-he had a light and was using the crosswalk) other than to wear a helmet-even on a razor!  You can NEVER be too careful when it comes to your brain, I always say.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment